Our vision at Book Slide After School Book Club is to promote literacy in our community and the world at large.
We strive do this by making it our mission to create lifelong readers. Our goals are to:
- Encourage reading for high-schoolers and middle-schoolers
- Build awareness about the importance of and benefits of reading for children
- Support family engagement in reading and discussing books
- Develop our students’ writing and literacy skills
- Develop a lifelong appreciation for books and reading
- Make reading a fun experience
- Read widely
- Build friendships
- Spread a love of learning to our community
At Book Slide After School Book Club, we set reading and academic goals. Not only do we want to see our students read a certain number of books each, but we hope to see their studies and grades improve, too. We believe that reading can be fun and setting goals can be a powerful incentive.
Join us in our mission to promote learning and a love for literature! You can follow along with our suggested books and get some ideas that could help you form a book club of your own at your community or school.